Welcome to the BDJH 8th Grade Website!
I am thrilled to be working with your student this year! BDJH is a wonderful campus, filled with great teachers that care deeply for the success and well-being of your child. Our campus core values are PRIDE – Purpose, Respect, Integrity, Determination, and Empathy. We talk frequently about PRIDE, working with students to cultivate these essential values in all they do. We will recognize both teachers and students throughout the year that exemplify Bear PRIDE.
Our BDJH website and the 8th grade page will be the place to find the most up-to-date and relevant information for our campus. Information will be updated weekly. Thank you for your continued support of all that we do to make Beckendorff Junior High and Katy ISD a great place to be.
8th Grade Assistant Principal
A Note from PTA:
Dear 8th Grade Parents,
Please see below for several announcements from the PTA.
- Please mark your calendar for the 8th Grade Dance! The dance will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2019 from 7-10PM at BDJH. Be on the lookout for more details about the dance in the coming months.
- Eighth Grade T-shirts are now on sale for $10! Order forms are on the BDJH PTA website and BDJH PTA Facebook page.
- Valentine Carnations are on sale now in the cafeteria! Please see the BDJH PTA Website or PTA Facebook page for details on pricing and order forms. This is our main fundraiser for the 8th grade dance and we appreciate your support!
- Wall of Fame BABY PHOTO needed!
The PTA is working on the Wall of Fame for the 8th Grade Dance. The Wall of Fame is a traditional tribute to the graduating class. It displays current and baby photos for each student. We have current photos but need you to submit a baby or kindergarten photo of your student to complete this project.
The Wall of Fame will be displayed in the hall near the cafeteria prior to the 8th Grade Dance and will be sent home after the dance.
Please submit an electronic JPEG file of your child's baby or kindergarten photo by February 28th, 2019.
- DEADLINE: February 28th, 2019
- FIND a baby or kindergarten photo
- SCAN the photo
- FORMAT no smaller than 3.5 x 5 and no larger than 5 x 7. Best quality in pixels
- SAVE AS JPEG last name first name (eg. CrowellEthan.jpeg)
- EMAIL the file to email@example.com and put your child's name in the subject line.
- If you prefer your child's photo to show a name different than their first name, please let us know in the email. (Ex: Katie instead of Katherine, middle name instead of first, etc.)
- For questions, email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA 8th Grade Dance Committee
Click on the links below for past editions of our newsletter.