Mayde Creek High School
Meet our Counselors
While we are not in school during COVID-19, we have an online form below that works as a "request to see your counselor" pass. The form is the best way to reach us. Otherwise, you can email us but remember we are not in our offices to receive your phone calls. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Course Verification Process for 2020-2021
Below is Course Verification information. Please open, read, and respond using the link on the form. (To fill out the form you MUST use your Katy ISD student email. For example: YourStudentID@students.katyisd.org). All students should respond to lock in courses for the 2020-2021 school year. If you have been approved for a Miller Career and Technology Class, those classes are now in your schedule. If you are registered for too many classes, please note the classes to drop on the verification form. If you are a senior interested in Abbreviated Day and you meet the qualifications, please list the course(s) to drop and add Abbreviated Day on the verification form. The change submittal portal will close Thursday, April 9th at 4:00 PM.
How to Connect to Student Katy ISD Email/Como conectarse al correo electrónico del estudiante de Katy ISD
When counselors respond to student emails, they will use the student's Katy ISD email.
1. Log into My Katy Cloud. (Can be accessed from MCHS homepage or Katy ISD homepage.)
2. Once in My Katy Cloud click on search box and type in "Office 365”.
3. Click on Office 365 tile.
4. Choose the Outlook icon.
5. Log in using student StudentID@STUDENTS.KATYISD.ORG.
1. Ingrese a My Katy Cloud (se puede acceder a la página principal de MCHS o de la
página principal de Katy ISD).
2. Una vez que ingrese a My Katy Cloud haga clic en el cuadro de búsqueda y escriba
3. Haga clic en Office 365.
4. Elija el símbolo Outlook.
5. Ingrese usando identificación del estudiante@Students.Katyisd.org
College & Career Advisor
Lead Counselor 9th-12th Grade Counselor (Chav-Fukz)
Veronica Chavez Bueno
9th-12 Counselor (Fula-Kens)
9th-12th Grade Counselor (A-Chau)
9th-12th Counselor (O-Sanc)
9th-12th Grade Counselor (Kent-Nz)
Drop-Out Recovery Counselor
9th-12th Grade Counselor (Sand-Z)
Katy ISD Updated Information Link
Secondary 5th 6-weeks Grading Period:
Secondary Parents/Guardians and Staff: the secondary 5th six weeks grading period will close on Friday, April 3, 2020.
Due to the temporary closure of schools, student report cards will be available online via the Home Access Center (HAC) on Thursday, April 9, 2020. All students are eligible to make-up assignments they may have missed prior to spring break. During the week of March 30, 2020, secondary students will complete, via Canvas, two graded assignments, only one of which may be a major grade. Students who are still in the process of reconnecting to online learning due to extenuating circumstances will receive incompletes and will be provided an opportunity to make-up the assignments. Should you have any questions about the 5th six weeks grading period, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s principal or email@example.com.
Additional information regarding online assignments and grading for the 6th six weeks will be released Friday, April 3.
Free/Reduced Cost Internet Service Options:
March 22, 2020
Dear Katy ISD Parents/Guardians and Staff,
We know working and studying from home can be a challenge as we navigate our current circumstances together. Should you be in need of free or reduced internet service, the District has compiled a list of resources in the area from the major local service providers. Additional information and support regarding mobile learning can also be found on the Katy ISD Instructional Technology Mobile Learning web page.
Should you have any questions, or require assistance with your child’s technology or access, please contact the online Katy ISD Parent Technology Help Desk through the Tech Help Form.
Comcast is offering:
- Sixty (60) days of free Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
- For new customers, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com (website includes written, and video chat customer service options) or by calling 1-855-846-8376 (English) or 1-855-765-6995 (Spanish).
Spectrum is offering:
- Sixty (60) days free broadband and Wi-Fi access for households with K-12 and/or college students who don’t already have a Spectrum broadband subscription.
- No installation fees for new households.
- Enroll by calling 1-844-488-8395.
- Offered two months of Free Home Internet Service including free installation for those who are not currently Consolidated customers. Take advantage of this offer in two easy steps:
- Call Consolidated Communications: 1-855-399-3084
- Mention Offer Code: “Two Months Free”
AT&T is Offering:
- If you have at least one child receiving free or reduced price school lunches, your family may qualify for an affordable home internet service through AT&T. For more information, visit the following site:
- Access from AT&T
FCC Keep Americans Connected Pledge:
On March 13, 2020, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) launched the “Keep Americans Connected Pledge.” Ajit Pai, FCC Chairman, released a press release emphasizing the importance of keeping Americans connected as the country experiences serious disruptions caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Most service providers pledged for the next 60 days to:
- not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
- waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic; and open its Wi-Fi hotspots to any American who needs them.
Several major service providers have already taken the pledge. Please check with your service provider for their policies and services.
Katy ISD Parents: We have updated information on Online Learning for both Elementary and Secondary students that will begin Monday, March 23 using Canvas on our website. Follow the links below for more details.
**If you have technology questions, including device check-out and internet access, please check out the Parent and Student Digital Resources page: http://ow.ly/I3FC30qrpVO
School breakfast and lunches will be served at the campuses listed below from 9:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020. Katy area children ages 0 to 18 are eligible and may pick up a breakfast and lunch at one of the designated locations. Children do not need to be an enrolled Katy ISD student. The meals will be provided in a "grab and go" style outside of the cafeteria near the covered walkway where buses pickup and drop off students.
Bear Creek Elementary
Cinco Ranch High School (starts on Monday, March 30)
Mayde Creek Elementary (last day of service at this site is March 27; service to transition to Mayde Creek HS)
Mayde Creek High School (starts on Monday, March 30)
Memorial Parkway Elementary
Paetow High School
West Memorial Elementary
Tompkins High School
Should you have any questions, please contact (281) 396-2151.
National TEEN LINE Teens Helping Teens
National Suicide Prevention Hotline